Educational Indeed

The XO laptop comes with very little printed documentation out of the box. It took me a while to figure out how to open it without breaking anything. I learnt from the OLPC wiki that I cannot use my WPA encrypted Airport wireless out of the box. I had to get to the office to find a proverbial "linksys" open network in close range, and be able to surf the web and check my email on Gmail. By the way, that worked quite well. Back at home, I had ample time to decipher this somewhat cryptic but undeniably central message, which occupies a whole sheet of paper in the sparse printed documentation, and comes up every time the machine shuts down. I really feel I am being educated...Today's stair number: 1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on MuSA_RT 2.0

Priorities App 2.0